how to enter
Are you Angostura’s Ideal Global Brand Ambassador?
Angostura® is seeking our next Global Brand Ambassador. He or she must be an experienced, Theatre of Mixing (TOM) Certified, full-time bartender who is technically strong and fluent in English.
Our Ambassador will be confident, knowledgeable, appreciative of the role of ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters in cocktails, and an ardent enthusiast when it comes to the Angostura®portfolio of rums and Amaro di ANGOSTURA®.
He or she will have a positive engaging personality, excellent presentation skills and an established online presence and network. Our Ambassador will be open to learning, good at sharing knowledge and giving insights, and able to gather feedback and build relationships.
Our scoring system rewards bartenders who display determination, charm, a broad knowledge of Angostura®, its bitters, rums and amaro and the wider categories of bitters, rum, and amaro, as well as the world of cocktails and bartending.
This doesn’t mean that only superstars can enter.
Quite the opposite.
Entering is a great experience for all bartenders. Even if you don’t make it to the national or global finals, you will have learned a lot about Angostura®, bitters, rum, and amaro, and about the skills that are desirable for an ambassador.
Our aim is to encourage new and creative uses of the House of Angostura® portfolio, by gifted bartenders around the world, as they collate a suite of inventive modern classics using these key ingredients: ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters and ANGOSTURA® orange bitters, Angostura® Rums and Amaro di ANGOSTURA®.
Every working, legal-age bartender is welcome to enter. However, this competition is not for established industry celebrities, or for casual or part-time bartenders.
What’s a ‘Modern Classic’?
- The modern classic is reminiscent of a familiar, classic drink recipe and method, but substitutes new ingredients.
- We ask that the bartender create something new — a simple drink with a simple formula
- The cocktail must be easy to replicate and must use internationally available ingredients.
- The drink should have a simple name that’s classic and recognisable, yet modern and topical!
- We encourage bartenders to spread the word about their cocktails — to make them known by entering them in cocktail competitions and leveraging digital media.
- And of course, it must be delicious!
Who Can Enter?
- The competition is open to Bartenders who qualify under the Competition Rules and via online submissions.
- Entrants must be Theatre of Mixing Certified, full-time bartenders.
- Previous winners of an Angostura® Global Cocktail Challenge Final may not enter the competition again.
- A bartender who has previously won a national/regional leg of the competition may enter the competition 1 more time.
- Entrants must hold a valid passport without any travel restrictions. Having a valid international passport but needing to obtain a visa to travel internationally (example: Russia, South Africa) is not a disqualifier.
- The entrant must supply his/her name on at least one social media channel (Facebook name, Twitter@, Instagram@, Snapchat@).
- The entrant must be able to converse in English, with an above-average vocabulary and spelling. The entrant’s written or spoken English does not have to be perfect, just clear and understandable.
- Accept Terms & Conditions.
- Sign up online by completing the entry form.
- Submit a video* of themselves, making (and talking about) their new, creative rum cocktail using Angostura products*, and answer two questions while they do so.
- Finally, they must state their opinion on a rum-related topic * in 200 words or less.
Remember: An entrant’s written or spoken English does not have to be perfect, just clear and understandable!
- All competitors must agree to be interviewed and participate in photos, videos and/or audio-tapes for media, PR and Judging purposes.
- Cocktail recipes entered into the AGCC Global Final become the property of Angostura Limited.
Terms and Conditions
AGREEMENT between Angostura Limited and the Contestant
“Contestant” refers to the bartender or mixologist that is eligible to participate in the Challenge who signs hereunder.
“Challenge” refers to the ANGOSTURA® GLOBAL COCKTAIL CHALLENGE (AGCC) 2019-2020; which includes “Preliminary”, “National”/and or “Regional” and “Global Final” rounds.
“Round” refers to each round of the Challenge, which includes: (i) a Preliminary Round (On Line Selection); (ii) depending on the jurisdiction a National Round and/ or a Regional Round, and (iii) a Global Final Round.
“Recipe” refers to any recipe created by the Contestant for use in the Challenge. The Contestant agrees to the following:
- That the Contestant has read, understood and shall be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Challenge which are located on the website.
- The Challenge is open to residents who are of legal drinking age and over the age of majority in their respective province/territory. No person is eligible to enter if he/she is an officer, director, employee, agent, or representative of, or a member of the immediate family (defined as parent, sibling, children and/or spouse, regardless of where they live) of, or domiciled with (whether related or not) to any such officer, director, employee, agent or representative of Angostura Holdings Limited or any of the subsidiaries within the Angostura Group (the “Sponsor“), its advertising or promotional agencies, its consultants or its distributors.
- One submission entry per Contestant is allowed.
- If the winner of a current Round is unable to participate in the next Round for any reason whatsoever that Contestant shall be disqualified, shall forfeit the prize for the current Round and the current Round finalist with the next highest score in the applicable country/region will then be selected as a finalist for the next Round.
- Each finalist for each Round must be available to travel (if required)
- Winners of the National and/or Regional Round may be required fulfill the duties of an ambassador (as required in the respective market).
- The overall Challenge winner will be required to fulfill the duties of an ambassador for the Sponsor over a two-year period. If the winner of the overall Challenge is for any reason unable to fulfil this role e.g. conflict of interest reasons, the Contestant may, at the Sponsor’s option, be disqualified and upon disqualification, shall forfeit the prize for the Global Final Challenge. The Global Final Round finalist with the next highest score will then be selected as the winner of the Global Final Round Challenge.
- By participating in this Competition, each entrant warrants that his/her actions do not violate his/her employer’s company policies and procedures (if applicable). Further, each Contestant acknowledges and agrees that there is no obligation, expressed or implied, to purchase or offer for sale Sponsor’s products at their place of employment (if applicable). For greater certainty, if entrant is responsible for purchase decisions of his/her employer, any decision to offer Sponsor’s products at entrant’s place of employment has been made freely and has not been influenced by the Challenge or by the Sponsor in any way. The Contestant must not promote his/her place of employment in any way while participating in the Challenge, and any reference to the Contestant’s place of employment must be limited to simply identifying it as resume information.
- The Contestant represents and warrants to the Sponsor that: (a) the reproduction, creation, exhibition, or any use thereof of the Recipe shall not violate any copyright, right of privacy or publicity, or any other right of any person or entity and that the Recipe is an original work of the Contestant; and (b) the Contestant is sole owner of the Recipe, together with the title thereof and all rights granted to the Sponsor hereunder, and no rights in the Recipe have been granted to others or impaired by the Contestant, except as specified, if at all, in these Rules.
- That by submitting/creating any Recipe for the Challenge, the Contestant agrees to transfers perpetually, irrevocably, for global use and royalty-free all rights, interest, title and ownership in the Recipe exclusively to the Sponsor to without any limitation: use; copy; modify; improve; reproduce; market; publish (on any medium including but not limited to on any website, in any magazine, newspaper or via television or radio); distribute; sell and otherwise exploit the said Recipe used in the Contest or for any purpose whatsoever.
- Any Recipe used in the in the Global Final Round of the Challenge shall belong exclusively thereafter to the Sponsor for any use or publication or distribution whatsoever in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- A Contestant’s participation constitutes irrevocable permission for the Sponsor and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and for such other Challenge Sponsors to perpetually use the Contestant’s name, photograph, likeness and other material provided for the Challenge for any business purpose, including for promotional purposes in any media.
- The Contestant’s name, photograph and other personal data submitted for the Challenge and any photographs of the Contestant taken in relation to the Challenge shall belong exclusively thereafter to the Sponsor for any use or publication or distribution whatsoever in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry form information submitted by the Contestant.
- The Sponsor will cover the cost of, or arrange for reasonable hotel, airfare and meals for the Contestant to the Challenge venue, where the next Round is being held in another country or where the Sponsor determines that long distance travel requires train or air travel. All travel dates and accommodation are subject to change without notice or compensation. All other expenses not specifically provided for will be for the Contestant’s account including, without limitation, optional seat selection fees, additional luggage fees, entertainment costs, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, compensation for time off from work, grooming and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. The Contestant must obtain all necessary travel documentation including valid passport and visas if applicable prior to ticketing and shall comply with any customs and immigration requirements.
- The Contestant shall at all times comply with the laws of the country in which he/she participates and shall not conduct himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner or one that brings the Sponsor or the Challenge into disrepute. Should the Contestant violate the laws of the country in which he/she participates, the Sponsor shall not be liable or obliged to render its assistance to the Contestant unless it decides to do so within its own discretion.
- The Contestant agrees to fully release the Sponsor from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Challenge or Challenge related activity, or in any contained error in these Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize, or in receiving/redeeming or using any prize awarded, (unless such loss, injury or damage is directly due to the Sponsor’s negligence.)
- In the event that any Round of the Challenge (or any portion thereof) is postponed, cancelled or otherwise unavailable for any reason, the Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for the postponed or cancelled Round.
- In the event that the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Challenge, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Challenge is undermined by any event beyond the Sponsor’s’ control, including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; strike; act of God; public enemy act; equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; war (declared or undeclared); terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within sponsors’ control, the Sponsors will have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the promotion without further obligation or liability to the Challenge.
- Any Contestant who breaches the terms and conditions of this Agreement may be disqualified from the Challenge and may be required to forfeit any prize won.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
I hereby accept the above terms and conditions.
Complete all the fields below